Pages

QUICK LINKS

I AM SORRY! SHOP IS CLOSED, BUT STILL VIEWABLE AS A CATALOG REFERENCE. ALL TERMS CONDITIONS AND COPYRIGHTS REMAIN and YOU MAY NOT SELL IN ANY FORM, PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM DOODLE PANTRY

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Card Inspiration - Bakers Twine laced Baby Shoes - NEW IMAGE

Good afternoon!   I had to make a baby card for someone's baby shower and I wanted to use the Baby Shoes, but I wanted to use baker's twine to lace them in 3D.  That was going to be difficult since the laces were already drawn on the shoe image.    So I did some image modification and printed several copies so that I could cut out and layer the pieces in order to lace the string thru punched holes. I wanted them to look as realistic as possible.
I was pleased with how my card turned out!
I decided that this new modified image might be useful for others too!  (see below my card for details on the new set)
The new set is called Baby Shoes Without Laces.
The copic markers I used on the XPressIt cardstock for the shoes are W1, W3, R20, E04, E33, E37.

Here is the inside of my card which uses the original Baby Shoes sentiment, and the green and pink digital papers are actually from Bethlehem SVG card kit.
The "additions" set that includes the new unlaced shoes outline image and 3 digitally colored ones is below.  The colors coordinate with the original Baby Shoes set, so if you already have the Baby Shoes, you don't have to buy that one again.
BABY SHOES WITHOUT LACES - Includes outline and 3 digitally colored images that coordinate with the colors of the original Baby Shoes set.
At $1.50, this set is quite affordable to those who only want this image, as well as those who may want the original set and this set together.  There are no sentiments or papers with the new addition set below.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A full list of my card supplies are below.
SENTIMENT: from Baby Shoes
DIGITAL PAPERS: from Bethlehem SVG card kit
CARDTOCK:  Xpressit Copic cardstock, PTI sweet blush, SU wild wasabi, PTI berry sorbet, plain white CS, bright white copy paper for printing digital papers on
INK & MARKERS: Copic markers W1, W3, R20, E04, E33, E37
ACCENTS & TOOLS: White gel pen, Pink bakers twine, white satin ribbon, Crealies flower die CLCF05, SU mini flower punch, EK fern punch, sticky pearls, sewing machine & thread, spellbinders coordinating Oval and circle dies, 1/16" hole punch, sponge, foam dimensionals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for visiting us today and I hope you enjoy your day.
Be safe, be blessed, be inspired, and get crafty!

6 comments:

katemade designs said...

This is so freaking adorable. I may have to get this one. I have a baby niece who one day just may wear shoes. : )

Patti J said...

Pretty sure I 'need' these! Beautiful card, dear friend!

Marsha said...

Adorable. And love the new "no laces" images.

Janet Kay said...

Those are daring, what a great idea! :)

Joanna M. said...

Super cute!

Anonymous said...

This card is adorable and I love the layers and laces - awesome!!
Lyn