Pages

QUICK LINKS

I AM SORRY! SHOP IS CLOSED, BUT STILL VIEWABLE AS A CATALOG REFERENCE. ALL TERMS CONDITIONS AND COPYRIGHTS REMAIN and YOU MAY NOT SELL IN ANY FORM, PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM DOODLE PANTRY

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Woodsy Black Eyed Susan card

Wow, third card in a month, I can't believe I've had time to fit creating in!  I've got a couple more projects in mind that I want to do before the end of the year as well, I sure hope I can keep this momentum going.

This card is for a friend's birthday this year. 
I used the Black Eyed Susan set.   It's a whopper 5x7 size!  Had to dig in my spare envelope drawer to see if I had managed to collect one that size. Found a 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 envelope, a little big, but beats trying to make an envelope that large.
Here's the front.  I really love the canvas-ey woodsy pine color paper I found at Hobby Lobby.
I watercolored using my trusty Tombow markers and a waterbrush. Printed the image on 90 lb. watercolor paper.
Here's the inside.  The pattern paper is from the same digi set.
Supply list:
Image: Black Eyed Susan
Pattern papers: From Black Eye Susan set and woodsy pattern by Paper Studio
Cardstock: PTI dark chocolate, white, and Summer sunrise, 90 lb. Canson watercolor paper
Tombow markers and ink: 452, 177, 245, 985, 899, PTI terra cotta for sponging edge
Tools/Accents: Spellbinders labels 2, Crealies die CLCF11, Martha Stewart border punch, PTI ribbon, linen thread twine, aged copper bitty brads, sewing machine, foam dimensionals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for visiting!  I hope you are inspired to create.

5 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I love the stitching and papers.

Donna said...

What a gorgeous card, inside and out! Love that beautiful Black Eyed Susan!

Denise Goeldner said...

Beautiful card lovely images hugs xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card Laurie both inside and out, love your stitching!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Laurie,
Your card is beautiful and your friend will treasure it always!
Hugs,
Georgia